Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem just after starting AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kllz
1841 Views, 5 Replies

Problem just after starting AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010

Hi, I'm a student of Civil Engineering and I'm using Windows 7 32-bit (polish) Professional. I've downloaded AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010 (x86, polish of course, edu license) and installed it properly without any error or complication. I've started the software, activated the license and everything seemed okay. I could draw and use standard AutoCAD interface. The problem started when I tried to start one of Structural Detailing modules (steel, concrete or this 3rd) - the program just freezed and there was no answer. Reinstalled - still the same. Program always freeze when the following lines are visible in command window:

(...)

[RbCSPosition.arx] Initialization...
[RbCSPosition.arx] Initialization done in 0 ms.

and below:

Otwieranie C:\ (...) \RBCS-048.dwt (otwieranie in polish = opening of course).

And there is nothing more I can do.

I tried to change templates which are opened when ASD module is started (eg. to RBCS-044.dwt) and still the same 😞

I created new empty txt file and changed the file extension to *.dwt and choose in ASD options to open it when starting steel module - the program didn't freeze, but it displayed the message that there is no template in selected *.dwt file.

It seems that the problem is with templates. What should I try to do? 😞

Greetings,

Marcin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: kllz

Can you try using the 2011 or 2012 version?

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
kllz
in reply to: david.lau

Only ASD 2010 32 bit is available to download for me 😞

Message 4 of 6
david.lau

Can you create a new user account and see if you can run the software in the new account?

David Lau
Message 5 of 6
kllz
in reply to: david.lau

still the same... I've tried to install the same installation on my 2nd pc and I've got also the same issue 😞

Message 6 of 6
kllz

Sorry for 2 posts one below another. I've tried to install that version of ASD 2010 on my PC with Win XP and there is a problem with runing ASD or AUTOCAD:

UNABLE TO RUN AUTOCAD. THIS MAY BE DUE TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. THIS VERSION OF AUTOCAD WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY (blah blah blah),
2. YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT RIGHTS TO RUN AUTOCAD.

- worse problem than on Win7 ;-/

Of course tried to reinstall ASD, NetFrameworks, Windows Installer. I am the Administrator of the PC, I tried the same on the other User Account with Administrator rights - still the same.

Install logs without any error.

Have no idea what else to do...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report