Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Revit 2014 (student version)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3612 Views, 10 Replies

Problem installing Revit 2014 (student version)

Hello Guys,

I had a problem in my laptop and I had to reinstall my windows.

Now, I am facing a problem on the installation of Revit 2014 (student version).

I have been trying too many things attempting to fix this problem, I have no luck. Man Sad

I uninstalled so many times the "Microsoft Microsoft Visual C++" 2005 and all other versions 2008/2010. through Panel Control and also another tool called "dotnetfx_cleanup_tool" etc...I dont know what to do. 

I had a similar issue when I was installing Autocad Architecture 2014 but I solved removing Microsoft .net 4.5 and installiing 4.0 version.

If someone could clarify what is going on and how to solve it, I appreciate.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Anonymous

Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements 
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation

Let me know if there is a step you dont know how to do. If that still does not work, please let me know so I could continue to trouble shoot your issue. Have you tried downloading a trial version and licensing it afterwards?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hello Joann,

I really thank you for the message. I solved my problem after checking your list.

Anti-Virus Off
UAC Off
Cleaned temp folder
I needed to update my OS as I had reinstalled the system.
and I changed the value on step 12 to "0"

Done!!!

I appreciated your attention.

Now I can work quietly on my university projects!

Have a good day,
Guilherme Macedo Monteiro
Message 4 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

Its a pleasure. I am glad I could help. 😃

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 11
mohuk2007

Hi,

I am trying to install the educational version of Revit 2014, 

It keeps saying communication failure,

I have tried it over a 100 times, something most be wrong.

Kindly advise please.

Message 6 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: mohuk2007

Hi Mohuk,

Please post this as a new issue. It will help us to see if it is resolved or not.

Kindy follow this link to create a new issue: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/24

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 11
jric164

How do you do numbers 11 and 12?
Message 8 of 11
knseo

Message 9 of 11
wt012929

Hi there, I have been trying and failing to download the student versions of Revit 2014, 2015 and 2016 as it says that I do not have minimum system requirements of windows 8 when I currently have windows 10 on my laptop. 

revit download failed.png

Is there any way I can resolve this as I need this system for my degree at university? 

Thanks 

Message 10 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: wt012929

Hi @wt012929 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Revit 2014 is not supported on Windows 10. Please see more information here.

I suggest trying to install using Windows Compatibility Mode.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 11
wt012929
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I tried doing this and it still says that revit cannot download due to inadequate system requirements. I tried this with revit 2014, 2015 and 2016 versions and still cannot download onto my laptop. Anything else I can try? Thanks

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report