Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem installing autodesk product design suite premium 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mayj1973
3814 Views, 7 Replies

problem installing autodesk product design suite premium 2012

I am trying to finally install our Product Design Suite Premium 2012 software. The first couple attempts were using the download followed by a few attempts using the USB containing the software direct from Autodesk. All attempts have failed with the following error report...

Error 1335. The cabinet file 'AdLM_x64_release.msm.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

In doing some research I found that it was suggested to go into MSCONFIG and start in "diagnostic start up" mode after insuring that .net 4.0 was installed. After going through all of this and trying the install again I received the same error.

HELP PLEASE!

Attached is my system info file.

Thanks,

Jason Mayes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: mayj1973

Try copying the entire USB stick to your hard drive and install from there.  If the error persists, it is likely faulty media causing the file corruption.  You will need a new USB stick. Contact your Reseller for a replacement.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
mayj1973
in reply to: TravisNave

Update, I copied the thumb drive to my C drive and was able to do a partial install. the same error popped up when trying to install the following software packages from the design suite: Showcase, 3ds Max, and Sketchbook designer.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

I would request new media.  Have you tried it on another computer just to be sure?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
mayj1973
in reply to: TravisNave

I will try to install on another machine over the weekend and give you an update on Monday. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 8
mayj1973

No dice, I tried on 2 more different systems. 1 64 bit and 1 32 bit. I however am 100% sure its not the media. I tried the install on a junk laptop laying around the office not connected to the network and it installed fine. thoughts?

Message 7 of 8
CADmgrMike

I'm having a similar issue installing Infrastructure Design Suite.

I have 3 deploys created for 3 different offices and two of them work fine.

The third office gets to Autodesk Material Library 2012-Medium and I get an Error 1335...'Common~1.cab'...

all three deploys were created identically the same.

the files are reading from a network drive, so I know it's not a USB issue.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: CADmgrMike

In those weird instances, I start looking at NICs, network drivers, Ethernet cables, anti-virus, and user privileges.  Definitely seems computer specific, so you might have to do some OSI layer testing.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report