Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM IN INSTALLING REVIT 2013 EdCommunity Sup.Case #153358

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
saikeerthana
711 Views, 1 Reply

PROBLEM IN INSTALLING REVIT 2013 EdCommunity Sup.Case #153358

I have been communicating with the support service team for over 2 weeks trying to install Autodesk Revit 2013 or 2014 on to my laptop. I get the following error message.

C:\Users\Sai Keerthana\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI64BD.tmp\Setup.exe/s D:\AutoDesk Revit 2013\Autodesk_Revit_2013_English_Win_32bit-64bit\ /temp C:\Users\Sai Keerthana\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI64BD.tmp\ /secondRun /Lang en-us /FirstRunThreadld32

As suggested by team have deleted all files of autodesk, then using ccleaner removed all improperly installed file.
Continued to receive same error message.

As suggested then deleted the 3 registry keys, then re-downloaded the Autodesk Revit software, again the same error message appears. As the error message is same has not send the screen shot here.
 Some friends informed that if a separate profile is created and then autodesk is installed in the new profile this problem could be solved.  Accordingly I created a separate profile in my laptop and then tried downloading the Revit 2013 software. Again the same problem is seen.

1. Tried uninstalling Autodesk files,as suggested by team

See the link below for instructions on how to perform a clean uninstall of the software: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617   However as the autodesk downloads are not in directory of all control panel items/programs & features/  unable to uninstall the same.

2. The autodesk folder after downloading are seen in Local disk(c:),  Hence instead of uninstalling have deleted the file.  
3. After deleting the autodesk folder, cleaned the system using "Ccleaner"  
4. Entered the Registry and as suggested opened using the below link in the below 3 registry folders: 

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\<Product ID>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\<Product ID>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Product Name>

However I'm not clear how of following:

1. how do I search for product name string in these locations?

2. How do I know whether a particular key is from the GUID level

3. In your message had mentioned

- Replace <product name> by the full product name

- Replace <product ID>with the corresponding values.

where do I replace the above information and what is the full product name and what is the corresponding value of product ID. 

What I did was using FIND KEY searched for following 3 words

REVIT, AUTODESK, AUTOCAD and deleted all the relevant file names appeared on the right side.  After deleting these file from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT also did the same search in HKEY_L_M... 

After doing this delete, tried to re-install the software from

1. Directly from Autodesk student community website. Not successful. 

2. As 1 was not successful again cleaned up as stated above in 1 -4 and then tried reinstalling the software based on link provided
 Again the same error was noticed as stated abov in bold.

Hope with these information you would be able to assist me in installing Revit 2013 in my computer.  As I'm using Windows 8, 64 bit samsung laptop with a RAM of 6GB and a AMD processor. Hope there is no compatibilty problem with this version of Revit?
regds
Saikeerthana

Incase you need any further details to solve this problem pl let me know.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: saikeerthana

Welcome to the community.

Please be aware that Revit 2013 is NOT supported on Windows 8.  You will need to either install it to Windows 7 or upgrade to the Revit 2014 version.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report