Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem find license Acad 2007

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
matias_del_nido
579 Views, 26 Replies

Problem find license Acad 2007

Hello

Have a problem find a Network license of Acad 2007 and Revit Structure 3, if start Acad 2007 with the Administrator user there is no problem, but if i change the user Acad do not find the license.
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Correct. However, it isn't that simple. There are some additional warnings that Autodesk notes for restricted users, as plainly noted above.

Also, if AutoCAD is installed by an Administrator then logs off and a restricted user logs on for the first time and then AutoCAD must install settings again for that user for the first time, you can run into additional issues.

In addition, the permission requirement may be one thing for Vanilla AutoCAD and something completely different for another Autodesk product. That just creates more confusion.

If software was a black-and-white issue, there wouldn't be support or this discussion group.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: matias_del_nido

Agai,n read (at least) your earlier postings, we are talking about vanilla ACAD, don´t mess things again.

In this case, software is simple, there is just some users that try to make simple things complicated. I guess there´s at least thousands users using ACAD with restricted permissions. And maybe more ACAD users that don´t even know that they have only restricted permissions. And ACAD works as designed.

Try to see real issues and don´t make clear things issues. This time you try to switch black to white.

If you are completely wrong and don´t want to admit it, just keep quiet. Shame on you.
Message 23 of 27

Before I lay this to rest and take it off of my 'watched topics' list, the point I am trying to make is that many users say they have AutoCAD, when in fact they really have ADT, Map, MDT, etc. and are using the AutoCAD profile. This is not uncommon because Autodesk sells their verticals by promotion to get their products out in the market to regular AutoCAD users.

Therefore, based on the fact that a user could have AutoCAD from many of the vertical products, while also running additional products that have higher requirements, it is best to stick with the highest level of permissions based on the minimum requirements of your highest level application. Especially if there are additional Windows Services involved or tighter network GPO restrictions. And while Vanilla AutoCAD may be fine running as a restricted user, there are a plethera of other warnings and problems listed on the support site that are related to restricted user rights, whereas the same problems do not occur for elevated users. Grey area. Case in point... the user above solved his problem by elevating his permission. Case closed.

From the Autodesk support website for 2004 and above:

-----------------
The following permissions are required for users to run Raster Design, Autodesk Map 2004, Autodesk Land Desktop 2004, Raster Design 2004, Autodesk Mechanical 2004, and Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2004:

Power Users
Administrators

Note: In all cases, the user must be a member of the Administrator's group to install the software.
-----------------

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 27

Yes, shame on me for not only commenting on the solution to the problem, but also providing the hundreds of other solutions in this forum.

Keep quiet? I'll keep it clean and let my track record speak for itself. At least I kept my dignity.

Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: matias_del_nido

Matias,

We are currently investigating an issue where restricted users are unable to
run the AdskNetSrv.exe on localised operating systems. Can you please just
confirm for me you are indeed running a non-English O.S.

Many Thanks,

Simon Gillis
Autodesk Product Support

wrote in message news:5207663@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello

Have a problem find a Network license of Acad 2007 and Revit Structure
3, if start Acad 2007 with the Administrator user there is no problem, but
if i change the user Acad do not find the license.
Message 26 of 27

I'm running Windows XP SP2 + critical and recommended updates in Spanish.

The Autodesk software is in english.
Message 27 of 27

Simon:

Autodesk will fix this issue on the next Revit Structure 3 service pack???

I need to know, because my client is ask me for it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report