Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem find license Acad 2007

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
matias_del_nido
578 Views, 26 Replies

Problem find license Acad 2007

Hello

Have a problem find a Network license of Acad 2007 and Revit Structure 3, if start Acad 2007 with the Administrator user there is no problem, but if i change the user Acad do not find the license.
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: matias_del_nido

Have you tried editing the LICPATH.lic file to point to the license server?
Message 3 of 27

the Licpath is ok, the problem was AdskNetService.exe don´t start in the workstation.

I change the User to Advance User and works.
Message 4 of 27

Minimum requirements for user rights are local Administrator or Power Users.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous

Now we're back to having to make them Power Users again for 2007?

Bummer.
Message 6 of 27

Back to? It never changed.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 27
Markkus

Power User requirement was removed with ACAD 2004 as Autodesk moved customizable files to Documents and Settings -folder where limited users can update those files.
Message 8 of 27

Yes, you can use the product as a restricted use in some cases. However the requirement when installing and/or configuring the product has always required Administrator or Power User rights.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 27
Markkus

No. According the Help section of AutoCAD installing requires Administrator rights (no Power User) and using AutoCAD requires just user rights, not Power User or Administrator. Of course you can use it as Administrator or Power User but it doesn´t require it. See AutoCAD Help for more information.
Message 10 of 27

See the Autodesk Support Website for more information

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous

Yea, our users are not Power Users and they use the program just fine.

Of course you need to be an administrator to install it though.
Message 12 of 27

Exactly. Thanks. No need to get excited Markkus. The person who posted this solved his issue by elevating his user rights. I'm happy that it worked out for him. Great!

Apparently restricted users can't run the AdskNetSrv.exe service.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 27
Markkus

Hi there,
dear TravisNave, what do you mean? What is the exact page in the Autodesk Support Website that tells otherwise? Tell me the ID.
Message 14 of 27
Markkus

It was with ACAD 2002, but not with ACAD 2004 or later. Have to correct this, otherwise users have misunderstandigs with this.
So all in all. with 2002 (or earlier) with OS Win2000 or XP you have to be Admin to install the product and admin or power user to use the product.
With 2004 or later you have to be admin to install the product, but use the product you have to be admin, power user or user.
Isn´t that clear?
Markkus
Message 15 of 27

Even AutoCAD 2007 help confirms this:

-------------------

To install AutoCAD, you must have administrator permissions. You do not need to have domain administrative permissions. See your system administrator for information about administrative permissions.

To run AutoCAD, you do not need power user or administrator permissions. You can run the program as a limited user.

If you are a limited user, you must run AutoCAD from the Start menu or from the desktop shortcut icon. If you want to create a custom shortcut, make sure that the Start In directory for the shortcut points to a directory where you have write permissions. As a limited user, you cannot run AutoCAD from the folder where it is installed (for example, c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007\acad.exe).

-------------------

Note: Some Autodesk products and verticals (i.e. Civil 3D) require at least Power Users to run the product as well.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 27

I know, it's crazy. It even affects restricted users who login and launch it for the first time even if an Administrator initially installed it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 27
Markkus

o tempores o morales. the snippet you copied tells just exactly what I have tried to tell you. User doesn´t need admin or powqer user privileges. By any means, do you read your own postings?
Message 18 of 27
Markkus

Hey there don´t mess with this anymore, thing is simple (as I have stated earlier). If you don´t understand it, just leave it. You are far from right with this issue.
Markkus
Message 19 of 27

Grey. You come here to argue a moot point that isn't even related to the original post only to determine that as with most eveything else, the Autodesk answer is inconsistent. They say one thing in one place and another somewhere else.

Whether or not you choose to pick what you think is the right answer in this grey area, the fact of the matter is that if the software works as Administrator and not as a restricted user... then... well...

I am done arguing this point. We might as well move on to Religion and Politics. 😉

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 27
Markkus

I thought to stop answering this thread but as there is some guy that tries to mess ACAD users minds with nonsense let´s take this once more:

when you install AutoCAD you have to have admin rights. When you use AutoCAD, restricted users permissions are OK. customizable files are saved in users documents and settings folder so the restricted user doesn´t have problems with program.

This is with ACAD 2004 or later. ACAD 2002 requires at least Power User permissions.

I myself don´t "pick what you think is the right answer in this grey area" as there isn´t any grey on this. Thing is clear and software works as the Autodesk has pointed. There isn´t any politics or religion, AutoCAD just works so. So me otherwise and then we´ll check what is the real issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report