Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Versions/Home Use License Question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sumanthap
583 Views, 1 Reply

Previous Versions/Home Use License Question

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I haven't found something that completely addresses what I'm looking for.  Forgive me - I know this is a little all over the place, and if anyone needs me to clarify what I'm asking, I can try.

Our company has Subscription and is running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011.  I would like to set up a new employee with a home use license for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 for training purposes.  We have a Stand Alone deployment with 3 seats, one of which is being used by said employee.  I went through the process of "Request Home Use" in "Contract Administration" and saw that it said to use the same serial number.  Should I give the employee the same serial number listed in the Product Downloads page, or do I need to go through "Previous Versions" for that?  (I will also note that in the Licensed Software Report tool and the Coverage Report, we only have AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 listed.  Do we need to go through the "Previous Version" process to update it to show both 2013 and 2011, and how much does that matter?)

Also, some threads reference the home use license expiring.  If we use the same serial number for both the company installs and the home use version, how do we ensure that we don't have to renew the license for the company install as opposed to the home use version?  (ie, I would like to insure that there is a clear distinction between the three installs here at our office and the one that our employee is using at home.  Is there a way to do that?)

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: We've had a subscription for several years and work in consulting, so we work in the versions that our clients.  Right now, we're working on a project that requires 2011.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: sumanthap

Hello Sumantha!

First off I'd like to confirm that for Standalone Licenses, there is no need to submit a Home Use License Application form as one would simply install the software on their home computer using the existing serial number. Home Use Licenses that are generated from Network Licenses are termed / expire, but you would not have to worry about this coming from a Standalone License. If your subscription does expire however, so do the Home Use and Previous Version benefits.

Your Coverage Report will by default display the current version and the previous version (once you click on the corresponding current version serial number) used to upgrade. A better way to see your full subscription entitlements is to go onto your product download page and select the product, version, and then click on the serial number tab.

Please keep in mind that they may need activation assistance if the license is still being utilized, and can receive direct support though our License Assistance Team.

Hope that helps clarify / please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional specifics as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report