Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous version of old network licenses on a subscription

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jaroslaw.janiak
248 Views, 3 Replies

Previous version of old network licenses on a subscription

I've got problem to solve:

AutoCAD 2013 network version on a subscription since 2007 version. New license file for 2013 version will let me run 2013 and 3 previous versions (2012-2010), but what with older ones (2009-2007)? Can I use for them separate license file? If there will be separate license file, it could lead to a situation when there are more licenses in use than we are eligible to use.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jaroslaw.janiak

You can no longer legally use 2009 or lower software with this subscription license. Period.

May I ask why you want to do this?

Message 3 of 4
jaroslaw.janiak
in reply to: pendean

But you can use previous licenses older than 3 versions if you have original media. And I have it. In standalone versions (cheaper than network) that's not a problem. So why with network versions it would have been different?

Message 4 of 4

Hi jaroslaw, 

Allow me to jump in this discussion for a moment. 

Pendean is correct.

Under a subscription contract, regardless of it being a standalone or networked license, you cannot use versions older than the 3 previous ones if your newer versions have been activated even if you have the original media. This is stated in the EULA. 

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report