Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Code in wrong format

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bigbagofkeys
2442 Views, 8 Replies

Postal Code in wrong format

Hey, I was just trying to activate a new install of AutoCAD 2011, but during the activation of my license, it asks for my postal code. I'm in Canada, and the format we use is XXX-XXX, yet the install says wrong format. I've also tried formatting it as XXXXXX, but no luck. Any help here?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
fd45andreas
in reply to: bigbagofkeys

Please help!
This is happening to me too on registration of Maya 2011

Like above post, my postal code is in A#A - #A# format, where "A" is a letter.

i also tried A#A#A#.

EDIT:

Wikipedia to the rescue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_codes_in_Canada

the format they are looking for is "A0A 0A0, where A is a letter and 0 is a digit, with a space separating the third and fourth characters."

Message 3 of 9
darmova
in reply to: bigbagofkeys

The postal code for Czech Republic is just numbers in the format 000 00 and the registration form does not accept any of them. The license stopped working and there is currently no way for people from Czechia to fix that issue. (The country is of course set up correctly in the form)

darmova_0-1692698037727.png

Message 4 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: darmova

@LeoWarren-EDU is this something you can help with? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
marinadevlieger
in reply to: darmova

I have the same problem in the Netherland 0000XX is our postal code format.

Message 6 of 9

Hi @marinadevlieger and @darmova,

I apologise for the late response, I've forwarded this post to our Education Team who will be able to update the form,

All the best,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 7 of 9

Hi @darmova and @marinadevlieger,

Can you try the relevant format:

Czech Republic: 000 00

Netherlands: 0000 XX

Please let me know if this works,

All the best,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 8 of 9

It worked with a space between digits and letters. Is it possible though to mention this in the error?
Message 9 of 9

Hi @marinadevlieger,

I'm happy to hear that worked - I'll ask our education team to see if they can make this formatting more clear for future users.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know 🙂

Leo Warren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report