Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibilities to remotely control 3ds Max

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bobweb
557 Views, 5 Replies

Possibilities to remotely control 3ds Max

Hello!

I am looking for a solution for a specific scenario a client is asking for. I am not looking for specific commands for now, only looking for a general route to go and maybe, if not possible at all, think of something else.

Here is the scenario:

- Someone has a notebook with internet access, somewhere in the world. No 3ds Max license on it and the person operating does not know how to use 3ds Max.

- In a web interface he logs in his account, uploads an illustrator file and some settings like extrude by 5 and give it the blue material.

- This should be send to a server with a licensed 3ds max on it, which opens a starting scene with camera, lights etc., imports the illustrator file, extrudes it, gives it the blue material - and renders it with render settings from the web interface.

- When the rendering is finished, the image should be emailed automatically to the one who logged in previously.

- This should work for several users simultaneously.

The part within 3ds Max is not the problem, I have already written a MaxScript doing the import-extrude-material-render-stuff. It is all the parts around that I do not know how to tackle. Is this basically possible, and if yes, what main components (software and hardware) would I need for that? If I have to hire a programmer for a certain task, I will do so, I still would need to know, which programming language is needed etc.

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks a lot,

Bob

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
istan
in reply to: bobweb

I would study the 3dsmax license conditions first.

External multi user access to 3ds max does not sound to me as it would be allowed.

This sounds similar to offering a remote access service to a running 3dsmax license on the Internet. I'd say, it violates the agreement with AD, but I'm not a lawer..

Message 3 of 6
bobweb
in reply to: istan

Good point, that could be another obstacle besides the technical ones. Let's try something: If Autodesk does not answer this thread within 7 days, they are probably okay with it. 🙂

Message 4 of 6
miauuuu
in reply to: istan

It is possible. I don't know the details, but... I know one company which offers virtual workstations with installed 3ds Max, Maya, Nuke, Cinema4d, Vray, Photoshop, AfterEffects, etc for their customers. The partners of this company rents their software to this company.

https://miauu-maxscript.com/
Message 5 of 6
bobweb
in reply to: miauuuu

Thanks, I will have a look to find such a company and ask Autodesk of course, I was just kidding above.

Any ideas besides licensing on how to deal with the technical things?

@Athjena2Why did you move this thread to Licensing? My question is about programming. That this could also be a license issue was just an addition. Please have a look at it again.

Thanks,

Bob

Message 6 of 6
bobweb
in reply to: bobweb

@Athjena2 It seems like this thread was successfully terminated by moving it to the wrong location. Please reconsider.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report