Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable License Utility Won't Run?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sliferdesigns
554 Views, 4 Replies

Portable License Utility Won't Run?

Autocad 2008, we have a user who uses Portable License Utility all the time. Now suddenly when you try to run it, nothing happens, does not launch. Has anyone seen this problem and is there a way to install/reinstall just the utility?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: sliferdesigns

Has your IT person asked you to reboot yet?

:-)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

Yes, and 99.9% of the time, that does fix the problem, but not now. Another weird thing, when you do Help/About on this machine, the license is all zeros 000-00000. That doesn't look right either, does it?
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Depends on the installation method. I've seen both. I suppose it is possible that your license service is messed up.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
cy_shuster

All zeros in Help About of AutoCAD (not in the display of the PLU) generally
means a trial license.

What OS are you running? If Vista, perhaps try running it as admin (see
properties on the EXE).

--Cy--

wrote in message news:5911909@discussion.autodesk.com...
Yes, and 99.9% of the time, that does fix the problem, but not now. Another
weird thing, when you do Help/About on this machine, the license is all
zeros 000-00000. That doesn't look right either, does it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report