Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Support

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hegewald
566 Views, 3 Replies

Poor Customer Support

I just purchased 2013 Autocad LT.  I use sparingly and am upgrading from 2007.  I wanted to call to ask if I should remove the old version before installing.  There is no tech number to call or email listed.  That is ridiculuous after spending the amount this software costs.  So I found if a registrer the product that I could have 90 days of installation and config support.  So I tried to register.  However, the online registration does not go through (got an error EReg Business[20] Error. 373-98392957).  So now I cannot call, install, return, or do anything.  Can you say catch 22.  I even bought online through Autodesk.  There is no phone number or anything to call on the order of packing list. 

Ridiculous and Frustrated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: hegewald

I understand the frustration and greatly apologize for the inconvenience Glenn.

The Autodesk Online Store phone number and email address is listed under their Help tab, and then Contact Us.

In regards to your question, per the current LSA you have 120 days to keep the previous / upgraded license on your machine before it must be uninstalled. With that being said, most people will remove the older version once the new has been successfully installed and activated to prevent any potential down time.

I'm not sure what's causing that error but believe that it has to do with the fact that the license has not been registered yet.

Please let me know if any additional questions arise and or if there is anything that I can do to help.

Very best,

Message 3 of 4
hegewald

I appreciate the reply. I never would have found that number.  I will call and hopefully get resolved.  But really, it should not be that hard to get ahold of support either via email or phone.  I now have been trying to install for two days and considering the cost of the software, this is unacceptable.

Hopefully your company will look improve support.  This is the 4th or 5th time (although many years between purchases) and if has always been relatively easy to get support.

Thanks for your posting.  It does make me feel better.

Glenn

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Support is typically handled through the Value-Added Reseller chain.  If you consistently buy Autodesk products, you might consider finding a reseller in your area that can facilitate your needs. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/searchform?id=1088201&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report