Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Montejo, Richard D.
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)

PLU on Network Servers

110 Views, 3 Replies
09-07-2000 01:58 AM
Hi,

Can you export license(using PLU) on a network version?

Ritchie
*Support], Bryn Evans [Autodesk Product
Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)

Re: PLU on Network Servers

09-08-2000 01:15 AM in reply to: *Montejo, Richard D.
You can not export an AdLM license like you can a 2000i standalone
license, you must have a connection to the AdLM server to get a license.

Bryn Evans
AECAD Product Support, UK,
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/support/discsgrp/

--

"Richard D. Montejo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you export license(using PLU) on a network version?
>
> Ritchie
*Montejo, Richard D.
Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)

Re:

09-08-2000 02:24 AM in reply to: *Montejo, Richard D.
Hi Bryan,

So it means the PLU doesn't have any value to the network users especially
when bringing work at home?
Can he still use one of the license even when at home
without using the PLU?

Ritchie

"Bryn Evans [Autodesk Product Support]" wrote in
message news:39B8A02F.E8563E49@autodesk.com...
> You can not export an AdLM license like you can a 2000i standalone
> license, you must have a connection to the AdLM server to get a license.
>
> Bryn Evans
> AECAD Product Support, UK,
> WW Support & Services, Autodesk
> Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/support/discsgrp/
>
> --
>
> "Richard D. Montejo" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you export license(using PLU) on a network version?
> >
> > Ritchie
>
*Support], Bryn Evans [Autodesk Product
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

Re:

09-08-2000 08:47 AM in reply to: *Montejo, Richard D.
To be able to use an AdLM license you need to be connected to the AdLM server,
you cannot export an AdLM license. The PLU is only available with a stand
alone installation of 2000i.

Bryn Evans
AECAD Product Support, UK,
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/support/discsgrp/

--

"Richard D. Montejo" wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> So it means the PLU doesn't have any value to the network users especially
> when bringing work at home?
> Can he still use one of the license even when at home
> without using the PLU?
>
> Ritchie
>
> "Bryn Evans [Autodesk Product Support]" wrote in
> message news:39B8A02F.E8563E49@autodesk.com...
> > You can not export an AdLM license like you can a 2000i standalone
> > license, you must have a connection to the AdLM server to get a license.
> >
> > Bryn Evans
> > AECAD Product Support, UK,
> > WW Support & Services, Autodesk
> > Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/support/discsgrp/
> >
> > --
> >
> > "Richard D. Montejo" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can you export license(using PLU) on a network version?
> > >
> > > Ritchie
> >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.