Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help subscription won't activate and will not allow me to add user

41 REPLIES 41
Message 1 of 42
nearnorth
2453 Views, 41 Replies

please help subscription won't activate and will not allow me to add user

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.  I have been trying to get my cad working now for over 24 hours.  I have used cad for over 8 years and never had these kinds of issues.  I was using an autocad lt 2015 trial for 30 days.  I decided to buy the subscription.  First off my credit card was billed but I didn't get an email from autocad for over 24 hours.  Finally still with no email from them i contacted customer service who sent me a link to my account.  it was sitting there the whole time!?  so now all i need to do is add the serial number and activation code.  no problem, except it says that i don't have permission from my administrator to activate it.  i get a screen that asks me to sign in as a different user???  i'm the only user i bought a one seat subscription.  when i go into my account my name is at the top, presumably as an administrator.  when i go in to 'manage account' then add user (myself) i can type everything in, the computer appears to be working, then it just stops and i get a message 0 results found.  

I was on chat last night and the day before and i cannot get any help with this.  can anyone please offer a solution.  what has  gone wrong??

41 REPLIES 41
Message 2 of 42
asburyj
in reply to: nearnorth

If you login with your account to manage.autodesk.com do you see the autocad in your list of products? Does it say 0 of 1 available or 1 of 1 available? 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 42
nearnorth
in reply to: asburyj

it says that 1 of 1 is available.  currently i have uninstalled completely off my computer and am going to try and do a browser download

Message 4 of 42
asburyj

This doesn't have anything to do with your download or install. If it says 1 of 1 available it would seem it still needs to be assigned to your login. Make sure the feature for AutoCAD is assigned to the account you are logging in with. It seems like the autocad on your contract is still sitting there unassigned to any user. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/subscription-management/users-permissions/se...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 42
nearnorth
in reply to: asburyj

yes, this sounds correct.  however, when i click on the link you sent it takes me to subscription centre and says it doens't recognize my log in or password.  however,if i click on the account link i can see my name and email, but it will not allow me to add users.  i can type in the space etc but nothing happens, it just says 0 results found.  

to be clear, i purchased this 2 days ago and never received a 'welcome kit' but a customer service rep sent me a link to the account manager which i was able to log in to no problem.  i have checked all spam and other areas for an email.  

Message 6 of 42
trishknight

Hi - I am having exactly the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

Message 7 of 42
lynn_zhang
in reply to: trishknight

Hi @trishknight 

Sorry about the issue with your subscription! We have been working on the issue and the error has been fixed. Can you please try the activation again? You should also be able to add users now.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous

Im having the same issue, help brought subscription yesterday and still cant use it

Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am still unable to add users, same result - have cleared cookies and cache, in both IE and Chrome, and I can add user, it looks busy for 30 seconds, then returns to the user listing with no users shown. I have been unable to get my yearly subscription for 3DS Max activated despite purchase being on Sat 14th.

Watching with interest, and wanted to pass on that the issue of being able to add users does not appear to be resolved, at least not for us all.

(http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/3ds-max-registration-problem/td-p/5510239)

Best regards,

Tom

Message 10 of 42
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous & @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Our sincere apologies for the issue with your subscription! You have both opened support cases and we are currently working on fixing the issue. Once it's resolved we will get back to you via the case. Thank you for your patience!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I really need this sorted as this is having major impact on my work and has already cost me 2 days.
Message 12 of 42
nathan.camp

You are not alone.  I've had the same issue with Inventor LT.  No way to add users.  1 of 1 seats available.

I hope they can get this fixed.

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: nathan.camp

Hoping so too, this is the fourth day since my purchase, leaving my $1,500 subscription completely unusable, and leaving me unable to finish a job (that I could have finished if I hadn't moved from the free trial, I had 3 days left on that but decided to upgrade early to avoid delays, ironically.)

Message 14 of 42
camilo.lemos

Hi everyone,

Our systems teams are working again to get this situation resolved.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, this is not the experience we want to deliver to users who have subscribed to our products and services.

We'll add updates to this thread as they come up.

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 42
nathan.camp
in reply to: camilo.lemos

It looks like they were able to fix my issue.  Someone accidently marked Autodesk Inventor LT as out of date / end of life.  Looks like they have fixed that and I am able to use my license. 

Good luck,

Nathan Camp

Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: nathan.camp

Yes! just checked it and im now a user so can assign the seat to myself.

Message 17 of 42
jessica.t

Great news! Thanks for the follow up @neil and @nathan.camp! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I'm having the same issue.  2 of 2 seats and I cannot add users.  I need this fixed NOW.

Message 19 of 42
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous - I replied to your first post. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 20 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I just installed my subscription, it will not allow me to add myself as a user, and the managed devices are stating that it is "out of date".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report