Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Understand Licensing for High School Lab

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jsedlaczek
414 Views, 2 Replies

Please Help Me Understand Licensing for High School Lab

I am the IT manager for a high school and one of our 12th grade teachers uses 3DSMax in her class.  We have always had trouble affording more than a few licenses of the program, so students have had to share PCs.  As I read the new education licensing update and FAQ (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20907731&linkID=9240617#section10), it appears that if we have our students download 3DSMax and get their own license code, then we can use the program on each PC in our lab for that particular student.  Is that correct?  If so, I assume we would need to re-license with each new school year for the new students?  Thank you for any clarification.  It would be great news to know that we can finally teach the program to everyone at the same time.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: jsedlaczek

Hello Jason and welcome to the community!

You are correct in that students can now use free licenses obtained from the Autodesk Education Community in a lab environment, however they must be used on "their own personal computers" (from the previously linked FAQ). Installing and activating on a school or lab computer is still a violation of the LSA.

Hope that helps clarify and please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Message 3 of 3
jsedlaczek
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for the clarification.  We do not have a 1:1 program with student laptops, so that leaves us with the same problem, but I am glad I understand.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report