Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - Inventor 2014 will not unistall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LeonardLawrence
788 Views, 2 Replies

Please Help - Inventor 2014 will not unistall

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum for this post, it appeared to be the only relevant one though.

Some background:

I recently updated to Windows 8.1 and was having issues with my file explorer crashing due to Inventor 2013. I uninstalled the program, and installed - or so I thought - Inventor 2014 with the service pack. However, the installation must not have completed properly, because the program will not start.

The problem:

I can't uninstall Inventor 2014 now. I tried uninstalling using the Windows uninstaller, but this only removed the icon from the menu. I have tried using third party uninstalling software (iobit, revo, ccleaner, etc) with no luck removing. I tried doing the manual uninstall found on the Autodesk website, but I was stopped at step one. It is saying that it cannot remove the files because some are in use in another program. I have also tried the in Microsoft Fix It, in the browser, but it is not compatible with my OS at this time.

I have an assignement due later this week, and can't do it without Inventor, and I can't reinstall now until it is removed from my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You might try doing it in safe mode.  That might clear your error.

I have not tried the Microsoft Cleanup Utility on Win 8.1 yet.  I suspect it is pretty icky on it, but it might be a last ditch effort if you're willing to try it at your own risk... 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

The Microsoft utility isn't compatible with my OS, apparently. Tried safe
mode, no dice on that front either. Also tried manually uninstalling as per
the Autodesk website. Thank you for the suggestions, think I'm just going
to try and restore.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report