Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodically running LMTOOLS "Perform Status Enquiry" and spooling results?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sielim
1650 Views, 4 Replies

Periodically running LMTOOLS "Perform Status Enquiry" and spooling results?

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a command line / batch file / schedule task  to run the LMTOOLS "Perform Status Enquiry" periodically and spool the results or send it to a text file?  we're trying to determine if we need to purchase more licenses - and would like me to determine how many of our concurrent licenses we're using on average.  i could look through the logs but they don't clearly show how many are in use at a given time.  thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: sielim

Yes, you can do this.  You can just use the command line interface to pipe it to a .txt file.  Instructions are in the user documentation.

Also what you can do is create a report log file with an adskflex.opt options file and then use a program like JTB Flex Report to analyze the data.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
JTBWorld
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis, a small correction. JTB FlexReport cannot read the report logs (.RL). It takes snapshots from lmutil.exe and denials from the FlexNet debug log.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: JTBWorld

Thanks for the clarification Jimmy. I think your product will work well for him.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
emily.xu
in reply to: sielim

Continue with Travis's suggestion, you can create a report log file(.rl) with an adskflex.opt options file,then use SAMReport to analyze the data.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report