Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC crashed, Students license still usable?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
432 Views, 6 Replies

PC crashed, Students license still usable?

Hello, I've got a 3-year student license for 3ds Max. I installed it on my PC, but then it crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. So, I wasn't able to unregister the product key with that computer. Is there a possibility to reuse that license? Thanks, Siranya
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, @Anonymous !

You can re-use the license you've already requested from the Education Community on a new computer. Simply log into your Education Community account and re-download your software on to the new machine. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
nhnty
in reply to: jessica.t

How many times can I re-download my student licensed software from my account? Is there any limit ?
Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: nhnty

@nhnty

Downloading software doesn't have any limits, however activation does.  Students are allowed to activate on 2 devices.  If you are downloading use the Autodesk VIrutal Agent (link is my signature) and follow the download links to your product or...

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
nhnty

Hello and thank you for your answer. I have another question, is there any limit for activation of the student license on the same computer? I activated my license 2 times and I need to re-install my computer again. Will I face any problem about that ?
Thanks in advance!
Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: nhnty

@nhnty

Yes there is and at some point you will raise a red flag at the Autodesk level and you will no longer be able to activate your product without the assistance of them.  May I ask why you keep doing this?  You are installing and activating it for a 3rd time on the same machine?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
nhnty

Because I had to deal with some viruses and change my win10 back to win8. Thank you very much for the answer and for your interest.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report