Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options File - Specify Maximum Licenses for All Features

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jwilliams
926 Views, 1 Reply

Options File - Specify Maximum Licenses for All Features

Does anyone know how to set a maximum number of license for all features in the options file?  I am aware of the syntax to set the maximum for a specific feature (like: MAX 2 85788BDSADV_F GROUP Project1), but my problem is we have both Premium and Ultimate Building Design Suites.  So, I would like one project to not be able to access more than 4 licenses of any type.  I don't care if they have 1 Premium and 3 Utlimates, or just 4 Premiums.  What I currently have written is:

MAX 2 85788BDSADV_F GROUP Project1
MAX 2 85787BDSPRM_F GROUP Project1

So this limits them to 2 Premium Suites and 2 Ultimate Suites.  But lets say another project has all the Ultimate licenses tied up, then Project 1 is limited to only 2 licenses, when they should be able to get 4.

What I'm looking for is something like this:

MAXALL 4 GROUP Project1      or     MAX 4 AllFeatures GROUP Project1

Any thoughts?

Joe Williams
Rogers-O'Brien Construction
Revit Gunslinger
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: jwilliams

Well, you could do some combination testing.  Along with your MAX 2 of each suite, you could also RESERVE 2 for each suite on the group.  That would immediately check out 4 licenses max to that project.  Four people could access four licenses but no more.  And other projects could access the remainder except for the 2 reserves.  That might get you by.  Don't forget to use the GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON.  See my Options file link for a list of all the available compatible options to use.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report