Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

jwilliams
Message 1 of 2 (386 Views)

Options File - Specify Maximum Licenses for All Features

386 Views, 1 Replies
05-10-2012 04:15 PM

Does anyone know how to set a maximum number of license for all features in the options file?  I am aware of the syntax to set the maximum for a specific feature (like: MAX 2 85788BDSADV_F GROUP Project1), but my problem is we have both Premium and Ultimate Building Design Suites.  So, I would like one project to not be able to access more than 4 licenses of any type.  I don't care if they have 1 Premium and 3 Utlimates, or just 4 Premiums.  What I currently have written is:

MAX 2 85788BDSADV_F GROUP Project1
MAX 2 85787BDSPRM_F GROUP Project1

So this limits them to 2 Premium Suites and 2 Ultimate Suites.  But lets say another project has all the Ultimate licenses tied up, then Project 1 is limited to only 2 licenses, when they should be able to get 4.

What I'm looking for is something like this:

MAXALL 4 GROUP Project1      or     MAX 4 AllFeatures GROUP Project1

Any thoughts?

Joe Williams
Rogers-O'Brien Construction
Revit Gunslinger
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (373 Views)

Re: Options File - Specify Maximum Licenses for All Features

05-11-2012 08:20 AM in reply to: jwilliams

Well, you could do some combination testing.  Along with your MAX 2 of each suite, you could also RESERVE 2 for each suite on the group.  That would immediately check out 4 licenses max to that project.  Four people could access four licenses but no more.  And other projects could access the remainder except for the 2 reserves.  That might get you by.  Don't forget to use the GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON.  See my Options file link for a list of all the available compatible options to use.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.