Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
mberg
133 Views, 2 Replies

options file questions

Trying to figure out how this works. The documentation does not really answer my questions.

Have a 2004 adsflex network license server with 17 floating licenses.
I would like to create a group with the usernames of about 10 users and reserve for that group 5 licenses. The idea is that this group would only have access to 5 licenses. The other 12 would be available to other users. Can this be done.

The documentation refers to feature name all the time. I'm not really sure what to use for feature name. We only use cad 2004.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mberg

43200ARCHDESK_2004_0F is a feature name. a.. Example on how the adskflex.opt file can look like: REPORTLOG +d:\flexlm\license\report.rl # If the application is idle for 900 seconds the server reclaims the license. TIMEOUT 42600ACD_2004_0F 900 TIMEOUT 43200ARCHDESK_2004_0F 900 TIMEOUT 46300ACD_2005_0F 900 TIMEOUT 46700ARCHDESK_2005_0F 900 # This line defines the Group "ADTUSER", add or remove login names here. GROUP ADTUSER user1 user2 user3 GROUP ACADUSER user1 user4 user5 user6 GROUP ADTEXCLUDE user4 # This line will reserve 1 licens for the group "ADTUSER" RESERVE 1 43200ARCHDESK_2004_0F GROUP ADTUSER # This line will exlude user4 from using ADT EXCLUDE 43200ARCHDESK_2004_0F GROUP ADTEXCLUDE # This line will allow maximum 2 licenses for the group "ACADUSER" MAX 2 42600ACD_2004_0F GROUP ADTUSER -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "mberg" wrote in message news:5959131.1092713569879.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Trying to figure out how this works. The documentation does not really > answer my questions. > > Have a 2004 adsflex network license server with 17 floating licenses. > I would like to create a group with the usernames of about 10 users and > reserve for that group 5 licenses. The idea is that this group would only > have access to 5 licenses. The other 12 would be available to other > users. Can this be done. > > The documentation refers to feature name all the time. I'm not really > sure what to use for feature name. We only use cad 2004. > > Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mberg

In article <5959131.1092713569879.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com>, nospam@address.withheld says... > Trying to figure out how this works. The documentation does not really answer my questions. > > Have a 2004 adsflex network license server with 17 floating licenses. > I would like to create a group with the usernames of about 10 users and reserve for that group 5 licenses. The idea is that this group would only have access to 5 licenses. The other 12 would be available to other users. Can this be done. > > The documentation refers to feature name all the time. I'm not really sure what to use for feature name. We only use cad 2004. RESERVE will not restrict this group to only 5 licenses. This group could use all 17 licenses. What RESERVE would do is only allow everybody else to use a maximum of 12 licenses even if your special group wasn't currently using any. Think of it this way, if you "reserve" seats for a convert or event, even if you don't go, nobody else will be able to sit in those seats. And by reserving seats, it in no way restricts you from buying more tickets and using additional seats that you didn't reserve. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you are asking, MAX is what you would need to use. Using MAX, you set the MAXimum number of licenses any particular group can use at a time. If that group isn't using them, they CAN be used by others. If you want to make sure that 5 licenses are completely separated from the rest of the licenses, so that nobody BUT the group can use those 5 licenses and that that group can only use up to 5 licenses, then you'd use a combination of both RESERVE and MAX. Below is an example of segregating 5 licenses so that they are used exclusively by a group called engineering in a way that allows no more than 5 con-current sessions from that group, but also restricts others from using those licenses in the event the engineering group doesn't use all of them. GROUP engineering User10 User11 ...etc... GROUP engineering User20 User21 ...etc... RESERVE 5 43400AMECH_PP_2004_0F GROUP engineering MAX 5 43400AMECH_PP_2004_0F GROUP engineering By the way, user names and group names are case sensitive. In addition, you can add to an existing group with a second line if you don't want the one line to be too long. -- Darren J. Young CAD/CAM Systems Developer Cold Spring Granite Company 202 South Third Avenue Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320 Email: dyoung@coldspringgranite.com Phone: (320) 685-5045 Fax: (320) 685-5052

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report