Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Opting out of Product Design Suite Standard during Autocad subscription renewal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bgbc12
305 Views, 4 Replies

Opting out of Product Design Suite Standard during Autocad subscription renewal

I'm arranging for the subscription renewal of our company's autocad licences. I was informed by our vendor that we are getting an upgrade to the Product Design Suite Standard in the new subscription but at a higher price per license. Unfortunately all of the bundled software in this suite will never be used in the company I am working for. We basically just need the autocad software. Is it possible to opt out of the product design suite upgrade?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: bgbc12

there was no auto migration to the product design suites this year as far as i know

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

it sounds like your reseller is trying to force you into upgrading to a suite

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: DarrenP

I think it depends on what the OP was upgraded from.  The original product (not necessarily AutoCAD) may not be available as a separate product anymore, with no cross-grade option to a plain AutoCAD/Mechanical vertical since its a different product silo.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
bgbc12
in reply to: dgorsman

We actually have autocad and autoucad mechanical in the same server license. We will get Autocad Design Suite and Autocad Product Design Suite upgrades if we renew subscription. I don't even know if our machines can run the bundled software since we don't upgrade machines that often(some of us still use autocad 2010) and do we really need them if we are only doing shop drawings? There has to be a better option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report