Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening help files unrelated to Revit causing Revit installer to re-run.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kyle.monson
210 Views, 0 Replies

Opening help files unrelated to Revit causing Revit installer to re-run.

I'm a developer for the desktop versions of COMcheck and REScheck (found here and here) Over the last year or so we've gotten many complaints about our software causing the Revit installer to re-run when the user opens the help in either COMcheck or REScheck.

Older version of both COMcheck and REScheck would also cause this behavior. 

Opening the related chm help file directly (without opening COMcheck or REScheck) will also cause the Revit installer to run. We have seen chm files unrelated to our products that we did not produce also cause the problem. I'm sorry I don't have a reference to one of those other help files available.

We recently moved from chm files to java based help in COMcheck and it did NOT fix the problem according to our users.

To reproduce:

Install Revit 2009 or 2010 (Not sure about other versions).

Install COMcheck or REScheck

Open either COMcheck or REScheck.

Open the help via the help menu.

The installer will start. If it is not closed immediately it can damage the Revit install.

You can also triiger the behavior by going to the install folder for REScheck and opening HtmlHelp/software.chm directly. 

I need to know what I can tell our users so that they can resolve this problem or you need to fix it. Either way we need something that we can point our users to so we can resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Kyle

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report