Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening for the first time

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rtfreeman
1108 Views, 8 Replies

Opening for the first time

I can not open my recently downloaded AutoCad 2012. Every time I try to open it, I receive the following error message: an autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM. 

How do i make it open?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tmanasterski
in reply to: rtfreeman

I have the exact same problem.  AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 opens fine, but when I try to run AutoDesk Inventor 2012 it says "An Autodesk product failed to send the required value for SERIALNUM.  The error report sent to Autodesk may be incomplete.

Does anyone work here?  How do we fix this?

Message 3 of 9
tmanasterski
in reply to: tmanasterski

Here are my dump files.  Please take a look.  I've tried a fresh install.  It didn't work.

Message 4 of 9

Hello Tmanasterski,

For Autodesk Inventor 2012, may I check ask you several questions?

1. What OS Type, 32bit or 64bit? Standalone License or Network License?

2. Whether you met this by clicking the Try button in the Activation page of Autodesk Inventor 2012?

3. Is there Customer Error Report dialog pops up if you click the OK button of the dialog?

4. Did you observe any screen resolution change before you met this issue?

5. Whether you are using remoting access to launch Inventor from another machine, or just launch in local machine which installed Inventor?

5. After you met this error dialog, please close it and try to launch Inventor 2012 directly again and see whether still met it.

If you still met this issue, could you please send the Customer Error Report to autodesk with your email address?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Helen

Message 5 of 9

1. What OS Type, 32bit or 64bit? Standalone License or Network License?

Windows XP Service pack 3 (32bit) with standalone license (we have two standalone license, its work fine in our other machine)

2. Whether you met this by clicking the Try button in the Activation page of Autodesk Inventor 2012?

I can't click anything in Autodesk Inventor 2012, it doesn't open up it just says "An Autodesk product failed to send the required value of SERIALNUM.  The error report sent ot Autodesk may be incomplete"  And when I click OK, that's it, if I try again same thing.

3. Is there Customer Error Report dialog pops up if you click the OK button of the dialog?

Yes, I just sent it in with my email address.

4. Did you observe any screen resolution change before you met this issue?

No

5. Whether you are using remoting access to launch Inventor from another machine, or just launch in local machine which installed Inventor?

Lauching Inventor in local machine where its installed

5. After you met this error dialog, please close it and try to launch Inventor 2012 directly again and see whether still met it.

I'm starting by lauching it directly from the hard drive on the machine it's installed.

Message 6 of 9

Hello tmanasterski,

Thank you very much for your rapid and detailed feedback.

Could you please kindly send an email to me to let me know your email address? I found a similar crash report however that OS is XP 64bit, but yours is XP 32bit. My email address is Helen.ChenATAutodesk.com (Please change AT to @)

At the mean time, could you please try the options below?

1. Could you please have a look about this post to see whether it help to solve your problem?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/unrecoverable-error-on-startup/m-p/1692112...

1) Right-click on My Computer > Properties
2) Advanced Tab
3) Environment Variables button
4) In the top “User Variables” section, select TEMP and hit EDIT button.
5) Replace “%userprofile%\local settings\temp” with just “C:\TEMP” and hit OK
6) Do the same for TMP variable.
7) Hit OK and close all the windows.
😎 Browse on your hard drive to C:\, and make a new folder called TEMP right on the root of your drive.

2. Uninstall Inventor 2012 and Reinstall it again to check whether still reproduce that issue if you have time.

BTW, You mentioned your another Inventor works well, may I know what's the OS type of that machine?

Thank you.

Regards,

Helen

Message 7 of 9

Hello tmanasterski,

BTW, could you please tell me whether this problematic machine has any autodesk products installed now? Or whether you uninstalled any Autodesk products before install Inventor 2012?

From the dump file, you should using Product Design Suite 2012? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

Regards,

Helen

Message 8 of 9

Hello tmanasterski,

Could you please try to uninstall Net 3.5 from Add/Remove programs and re-install it from the media - [Media]\3rdParty\NET\35SP1\wcu\dotNetFramework folder, to see whether it can resolve your problem?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Helen

Message 9 of 9
toddremo
in reply to: rtfreeman

i had the same problem.

for windows 7:

go to

>control panel

>programs

>turn windows features on or off

check microsoft .net framework

click ok

worked for me hope it helps you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report