Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online registration process, Am I the only one unhappy with it?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
r.vd.meulen
719 Views, 7 Replies

Online registration process, Am I the only one unhappy with it?

Hello,

We are an engineering firm that uses Autodesk products as daily tools and have Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD in use. With AutoCAD we stopped upgrading at AutoCAD 2002 because it's main use is some minor sketching and as built work for our and our customers drawings. Inventor is the main tool for Engineering so we have a current release but do not always keep our subscription active. We jumped from Inventor 2008 to 2011/2012 so we skipped a few releases.

As said we still use AutoCAD 2002 and since the move from a simple email adress to the online registration process it is taking ages to get a proper registration code.

Our firm is in business since 1989 registred under the same name but also uses trade names.

With the old email adress: authcodes.neu@autodesk.com I'd get a registration within 24 hours. I'd register the products under the trade name with the real business names between (..) and never had a problem.

Now I'm trying to do the same registration trough the online registration help and get all kinds of grief about the business name not beeing the same as the original purchase (although I supplied evidence of it still beeing the same).

This is triggered by registering the same version more that twice and therefore not beeing able to do it directy online. I have several PC's that were swapped out since october 2001 and as a result every AutoCAD version has been re-installed more than twice allready. With the unstable cdilla licence protection I lost the licence more than once and had to re-register. That combine with our virus scanner claiming cdilla as an active threat I've had my share of re-registering. I never ran the same serial on more than one PC and didn't need to having 30 licences available. Enough to get one for each PC.  

The wait time for a current registration is now 4 business days and I haven't seen anything other than some excuses yet. I have a hard time believing this is necassary to complete my registration. I'm in the middle of replacing old harddisks with SSD disks and the licence won't hold up (cdilla loses the licence number). I'm also rolling out new PC's but at this rate there's no telling when I'll be able to deliver them to my end users.

Ronald van der Meulen

Integron Engineering (a trade name of Wadcon BV)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
celine.manca
in reply to: r.vd.meulen

Hi Ronald,

I'm sorry to learn that our services did not provide you your activation code yet.

Do you have a case number to provide me for your request? It's configured as follow 07123456 and it's located in the subject or under the signature of the communication that you received.

Thank you for your help

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 8
r.vd.meulen
in reply to: celine.manca

Hello Celine,

Yes I have, two actually, one dated back to last thursday and one from monday.

From last thursday: CaseNo:07239784 (complete new PC virtual XP under Win 7 Pro)

From this monday: CaseNo:07250248 (new SSD harddisk, same PC, portable licence utillity does not work between these drives)

Thanks for any help you can give,

Ronald

Message 4 of 8
celine.manca

Thank you Ronald.

I've contacted the department of activation regarding your requests, I'll come back to you as soon as possible.

Celine Manca
Message 5 of 8
celine.manca

Hi again Ronald,

I just get the confirmation from the Registration team that you will receive your activation codes for both cases soon.

The activation was denied first due to our security policies.

The activation code has to be requested by the same entity that the license is register for, that's why our services ask you more information.

Following the documents you've provided I've approved the activation of the iicences.

Let me know if I can help you further Smiley Wink

Celine Manca
Message 6 of 8
r.vd.meulen
in reply to: celine.manca

Thanks!

Both registrations are recieved and both PC's up and running! Smiley Happy

I do hope the next registrations I'll have to do will go a bit smoother. Thank you very much for your help.

Ronald

Message 7 of 8
clade

Hi i´m a student from a technical university.

My problem is i won´t get any registration email too confirm my account. There is no spam filter i can control at my uni-webmail and besides a fellow student had no trouble during his registration with the university email.

thanks for any help

Laurin 

Message 8 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: clade

Hi clade,

I've just manually processed your Education Community account activation, and you should now have full access to the site. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report