Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One user consumes 2 licenses Civil 3D 2012

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
AllenJessup
512 Views, 23 Replies

One user consumes 2 licenses Civil 3D 2012

We have 5 network licenses for Civil 3D 2012. They also cover Land Desktop Companion 2009. When either LDC 2009 or C3D 2012 is opened it takes one license. If the other is opened from the same computer it should not pull a second license.

However I have one use who, if he opens one instance of each, pulls one license for each. Reducing the pool by two instead of one. I've tried and I can open both while only using 1 license. I can have C3D open and can open an LDC even when no licenses are available.

Both computers are Dell Precision workstations with Win 7 pro. The main difference is that the user pulls the license over a WAN instead a LAN like everyone else.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: AllenJessup

Honestly, that is what I would expect.  I cannot think of a scenario where a product from one release year does not take an additional license when another product from a different release year is also launched.  Definitely keep us informed of any results that you get. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 24
AllenJessup
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave wrote:

Honestly, that is what I would expect.  I cannot think of a scenario where a product from one release year does not take an additional license when another product from a different release year is also launched.

I got the answer and you're correct. That's what is happening. This only applies to network licenses. If you have a stand alone license you can open as many releases as you have.

However there is a fix. As I mentioned, when 2013 was released LDC 2009 fell of the list of previous releases you can automatically run and is not included in a 2013 license file. So I need to get a 2013 license file and request that a LDC 2009 license be included. The way the license file will be structured will allow C3D and LDC to be opened at once without pulling an extra C3D license.

You can't do this on line. You have to call and be specific on what you want to do. I'm being lazy and having our reseller do it for me.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 24
DarrenP

now that makes some sense

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 24 of 24
TravisNave

Thanks for the update.  I've had similar complaints on licensing with stand-alone vs network taking more seats.  It's a valid concern indeed.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report