Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older version of Autocad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bajanwiz
866 Views, 8 Replies

Older version of Autocad

Without a long explanation, my company has to use an older version of Autocad. It worked in Window 7 now I'm installing it on Windows 8. The program installs but I cannot see the network. I'm out of ideas.

I've installed as administrator. I've installed in compatibility mode. I've used "run as administrator" all to no avail. Since it is an older version of CAD, none of the forum topics appear to address this problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: bajanwiz

By your explanation, I assume you mean that it cannot obtain a network license and you get something similar to an -15 error?

This is almost certainly an IPv6 problem, which is much more of a culprit in Windows 8 than it was in previous versions.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
bajanwiz
in reply to: TravisNave

My autocad is a single user license. Everyone at the company is using a single user license. All I'm trying to do is see the mapped network drives where we store our drawings.

I've not needed a network license on standalone copies before.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Then I misinterpreted.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
pendean

So is the reason you don't mention the exact version of AutoCAD is the fear everyone here is going to confirm win8 is an unsupported OS and no one at Autodesk plans to change that reality?

There are many ways to run old software in unsupported OS: downgrade to Win7, or run Win7 virtually in Win8, or dual-boot your PC, or buy a 3rd party product called LONGBOW that is specifically designed for the task.
Message 6 of 9
bajanwiz
in reply to: TravisNave

Not a problem.

Could it be because I'm using a non-64 bit software to install on a 64 bit system?

Message 7 of 9
bajanwiz
in reply to: pendean

I'm installing AutoCAD 2002. The proprietary software does not work with newer versions of CAD without investing about $500K. The only companies that have my company's software is in the UK and it's metric. They don't want to invest in converting their software to imperial. Now you know.

I'll look into running Win7 virtually in Win8. I'll also look into LONGBOW.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
dgorsman

I hope you are considering options.  Sooner or later, you *will* be up against a wall you can't get around.  Better to make an informed decision than have a snap-decision forced on you, especially when talking that kind of money.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 9
bajanwiz
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

I'm all for using new technology. I worked with Revit and other Autodesk products up to 2012. I had to go way back at this new company.

The previous IT guy here made a suggestion that worked, so far. He installed a shortcut, on the desktop, to the network drives. It worked. Autocad 2002 now sees the network drives. Band aid fix to a continuing problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report