Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old product activation with no reseller

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Dromulus
416 Views, 4 Replies

Old product activation with no reseller

Hi,

I recently purchaed a unopnend/unactivated copy of AutoCAD 2007lt from USA (I am in Australia), when trying to activate I was told the license could not be used in Australia.

It is signifficantly hard to get access to older software from Autodesk resllers and all I wanted was a post 2002 release for home use.

Going off the Autodesk repsonse I contacted the seller who informed me he puchased the software from a university bulk sale and is unable to contact any original reseller, so by the information I have so far receievd this software is useless to me.

Is there any way to activate my product? If not then I am done with AutoDesk and shall try my hand with TurboCAD or another user friendly product.

Thanks for any help in this matter,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Dromulus

Dear Dromulus,

Please be informed that licenses may only be used in the country of purchase. This means that since you purchaed the liicense in the US, it can only be used in the United States. This is according to our License and Services Agreement. I would suggest that you contact the Seller you purchased the product from and request for a refund if possible.

Than you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP

@dromulus wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchaed a unopnend/unactivated copy of AutoCAD 2007lt from USA (I am in Australia), when trying to activate I was told the license could not be used in Australia.

Steve

don't know how that is possible autodesk only sells 2014

you probably bought an illegal copy

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
pendean

You got ripped off my friend: a legit reseller knows about regional limits.
Contact your credit card company to help you get a refund.
Message 5 of 5
Dromulus

Thanks for the replies, It was my mistake, I would have thought an unopened box of a product with a serial number not yet used would have been perfectly legitimate, guess not.

Thanks for confiming I have exhated all my avenues.

Goodbye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report