Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh NO!!! Need Inventor Install Help FAST!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeanchile
464 Views, 2 Replies

Oh NO!!! Need Inventor Install Help FAST!

Okay, so I have been having trouble with my IV 2010 lately and when it crashed the last two times I got a message from Autodesk that it would be a good idea to install the Subscription Advantage Pack Service Pack 2. I did that and now when I try to launch inventor I get one of the two following messages:

1.) Inventor.exe is not currently registered and did not correctly re-register on start up. This is probably because you do not have enough access rights (e.g. you are a Restricted User). Ask an Administrator or Standard User to re-run the program for you.

-or-

2.) Inventor.exe needs to reregister with the operating system and the following programs (Inventor) are running and may prevent the registration from successfully completing. Autodesk recommends terminating the offending processes to ensure proper registration. Terminate processes before continuing witht eh registration? (I click Yes or No and then I get the message above again).

This clearly seems to be some kind of permissions issue but I don't know where to start looking. Does anyone have some suggestions? And please don't tell me I need to reinstall, I have a deadline tomorrow!

IV 2010
Windows Vista 64 Bit
Inventor Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

I found something that worked. I turned off User Account Control, rebooted, opened IV, it registered fine, closed IV, Turned UAC back on, rebooted, opened IV. Everything works fine now.

P.S. I forgot to mention earlier that my user account is the only one on the computer and it is obviously an administrator. Ya' know, just in case someone else needs this information later.

Crisis overted.
Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jeanchile

please try to right click the Inventor shortcut, select Run As Administrator
to lanuch Inventor for the first time after installing SP on Vista or
Windows7 if the UAC is On.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report