Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

occlusion pass in Maya 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jigen08
1930 Views, 2 Replies

occlusion pass in Maya 2011

I just upgraded to Maya 2011 from Maya 8.5. Previously I was able to create render passes by following these steps:

1) create a new render layer, add objects

2) under render layer, go to presets > occlusion

Maya 2011 doesn't seem to have the presets function under render layers. I thought it might be under: Add New Render Pass > Ambient Occlusion, but no success. The image looks the same as the beauty pass. Mental Ray is selected.

Anyone able to get the occlusion pass in Maya 2011? I tried searching online, but everything I came up with seemed to be for older versions of Maya and dealt with adding shaders, etc. If you've seen a tutorial for this in Maya 2011, could you post the link?

Thanks in advance....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jigen08
in reply to: jigen08

I'll reply to my own post:

Right-click the layer, go to attributes, then use the presets button and select occlusion.

This information came from the CGSociety.org forums. My question was answered within half an hour of posting it there, and a few people responded with some different methods. Here my question has languished for days — several views, no replies.

My original subscription with Autodesk (back in the days of 8.5) included a forum that Autodesk tech support personnel actually responded to, usually within a day or two.

My current subscription appears to lack this important feature. And it includes many of the exact same (and therefore outdated) downloadable DVD content from the 8.5 days.

Not wishing to be rude, but I am wondering what exactly I paid for.

Where are the Autodesk technical support personnel?

Message 3 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: jigen08

We apologize for the delay, We handle only Installation & Licensing Issues in this forum, All other Maya Issues are better answered in the following Forum.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum

Also you can open Support Request in the subscription center for more critical issues, Someone will contact you directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report