Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntpclient errors on the license server

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
timsparks6941
867 Views, 8 Replies

ntpclient errors on the license server

ntpclient errors on the license server are preventing licenses from being available.

I created a support call and their solution is to totally rebuild the license server.

This can't be option one....ideas?

Tim

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: timsparks6941

I doubt it.  Though you can get a 0.0.0 error at the client if the time on the client and the time on the server do not have the same time.  You might check to see what the difference is and correct it. 

I'd at least start at the CMD prompt and run W32TM /RESYNC to see if the time corrects itself. 

You might also set the NLM up as a time server and sync the clients to it.  That way, even if they are both wrong it should still work.  I've done that before.  🙂

What error are the clients getting exactly?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
timsparks6941
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm assuming that the client error is a standard 'I can't find a license so I'm not going to load' error from Acad. Did not see it. The first time it happened I received a few calls from various locations. It's a GNUL server.
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Sounds good.  It could also be a latency issue if they are accessing over a WAN.  Might increase the timeout using the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variable listed here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Have them get you the error next time as it is helpful.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
timsparks6941

As a standard, we have FLEXLM_TIMEOUT set to 1mil..but I will make sure that this user has that var set...could have been missed.

Thanks...
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Looks like you have a firm grasp on the NLM workings then.

Assuming  your NLM is actually working, you could also check to see if the ports work by testing them in Internet Explorer (only):

http://servername:27000

http://servername:2080

If a connection is being made, then both ports should yield a result similar to the following:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If not, then it could be something else blocking it.  It's a quick verification.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
timsparks6941

both ports echo clean
Message 8 of 9
timsparks6941

but...do these need to echo clean on the server too?
Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

@timsparks6941 wrote:
but...do these need to echo clean on the server too?

It would only need to if the NLM wasn't starting or if you had an ADMS server running Vault and the clients couldn't connect to their Vaults. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report