Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
bobbyculbertson
257 Views, 6 Replies

Not Responding

I am new to AutoCAD I have it for school i created 2 drawings and everything was fine but know evertime i try to open the program it freezes and wont respond to anything i have to use my task manager to close it down. Can someone help me i have projects due  thanks for your time

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ukdxb012
in reply to: bobbyculbertson

Try a repair via add remove program's, if that fails, try a reinstall. If that fails do a clean uninstall of AutoCAD and then reinstall.

Take a look at the following link... http://blogs.rand.com/support/2012/07/quick-guide-on-uninstalling-autodesk-software.html

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
bobbyculbertson
in reply to: ukdxb012

thanks for your help but ive tried all the above ive tried to repair and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice still having the same issue its not reading any messages seems to work until the pop up window that explains the interface to you comes up then when I close that it wont respond when I put my curser in the grid it wont show the curser but it will show on the tool bar but will not do any actions like I said I have to use task manager to close autocad

Sent from Windows Mail
Message 4 of 7
ukdxb012

Did you do the clean uninstall steps for AutoCAD and replaced with a clean reinstall? Also, have you applied any Service Packs/Hotfixes for AutoCAD to get it up to date. These can be found here... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads#?cg=Downloads&p=AutoCAD&doctype=Service%20Pa...

If you are using AutoCAD 2015 (for example), you could try right clicking on the AutoCAD shortcut, go to "Properties" and where it says "Target" add the following to the path...

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe"  /product ACAD /language "en-US" /p "Test"

Select "Ok" and then open AutoCAD again, is that any better? What this should have done is opened AutoCAD with a brand new default AutoCAD profile that hasn't been created before.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7
dembkod

bobbyculbertson

Hello. It things were fine, and then were not fine, and you uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL are having the issue- you did not uninstall and remove everything. You missed something. Something on the system changed, that may not be the program and could always be the OS.

Pretty much ALL programs leave something behind. In this case, a regular uninstall and reinstall did not do it so that wasn’t the problem.

Did you “reset to defaults” yet?

Uninstall and search your c:\ drive for “AutoCAD”. You will find folders left behind. Especially in the USERS/  Roaming and Local folders. Remove that stuff.

Reset the licensing by deleting the adskflex tsf.data file:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Uninstall the Collateral, Non-Autodesk programs that are needed. The Microsoft C++ redistrinutables, and the Microsoft NET.

Now reinstall. At this stage you probably have good install to test.

If I were still having issues at this stage, I would update the graphics card drivers and check the Windows Event log- this culd tell you what is occurring.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 6 of 7
dembkod

bobbyculbertson

Hello. It things were fine, and then were not fine, and you uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL are having the issue- you did not uninstall and remove everything. You missed something. Something on the system changed, that may not be the program and could always be the OS.

Pretty much ALL programs leave something behind. In this case, a regular uninstall and reinstall did not do it so that wasn’t the problem.

Did you “reset to defaults” yet?

Uninstall and search your c:\ drive for “AutoCAD”. You will find folders left behind. Especially in the USERS/  Roaming and Local folders. Remove that stuff.

Reset the licensing by deleting the adskflex tsf.data file:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Uninstall the Collateral, Non-Autodesk programs that are needed. The Microsoft C++ redistrinutables, and the Microsoft NET.

Now reinstall. At this stage you probably have good install to test.

If I were still having issues at this stage, I would update the graphics card drivers and check the Windows Event log- this could tell you what is occurring.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 7 of 7
bobbyculbertson
in reply to: dembkod

Thank You that fixed my problem!!!!

Sent from Windows Mail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report