Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to run 3ds max 2014 on Windows 7

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
irenelopez35
1514 Views, 5 Replies

Not able to run 3ds max 2014 on Windows 7

Hello! I'm having some trouble installing 3ds MAX 2014 in Windows 7. The installation runs fine but when I try to start the program, it won't work. I see a process is running but the application never shows up. I've tried run as admin, change the graphics mode... Anyone has any idea of what it might be? I'd be very grateful Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dembkod
in reply to: irenelopez35

irenelopez35

Hello. It could be a list of things. First, I would check to see if there are any events listed in your Windows Event viewer. If something is crashing, it may be listed there.

I would update your graphics card driver by finding out what brand you have (ATI or Nvidia) and then go to their website and perform an update scan.

You could delete the Trusted Storage file too: It will look like this

ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data

It should be here:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

If this does not help, I would download and run Autorun from Microsoft:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Run this program and look at the APPINT tab and see if there are any failing DLL files. If there are I would go to the listed files and try to rename then, or just identify where they came from and use them as a place to focus on updating.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 6
irenelopez35
in reply to: dembkod

Thank you very much for your help!! I'll give it a try.

Message 4 of 6
irenelopez35

Everything you suggested seems to be working fine. I'm using  an Intel HD Graphics 4000 card, it's fine for 3ds Max according to the Certified HW site but could this be the cause? I've updated the drivers and followed all the other steps but nothing changes. Any other ideas?

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

Intel HD series graphics aren't a card, but built in the processor.  While supported they are insufficient for any kind of visualization work - you need a dedicated video card.  I would recommend browsing through the 3DS MAX hardware board in the AREA to see what others are running: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Hardware-OS/bd-p/area-b31

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
irenelopez35
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks! will get to it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report