Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Users Can't Start Any Autodesk Product

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
412 Views, 1 Reply

Normal Users Can't Start Any Autodesk Product

Hello,

I work for a University and it has come to our attention that on our 2008 R2 servers normal users (under the guest or users group) can not start any Autodesk product. When they try to start an Autodesk program (mainly any AutoCAD) an installation is attempted (AutoCAD 2012 Language Pack - English) and eventually errors out.

After noticing this we uninstalled all Autodesk software as completely as possible (Autodesk Sync would not uninstall even though there was no more Autodesk software on the machine). We also uninstalled the anti-virus. We then tried to re-install the Autodesk software but got the same error.

After enabling logging for msi files we noticed that it was trying to access a restricted part of a network store that holds the install files. At this point we again uninstalled all Autodesk software and our AV. We then copied the install files to the local machine and re-installed once more. Still users that are not admins are not able to run the software.

Currently we are getting the following error in the logs:

MSI (s) (F4:B0) [16:02:10:363]: Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: AutoCAD 2012 Language Pack - English. Product Version: 18.2.51.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Autodesk. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1640.

In the past the fix that we used for this problem was to open the program as an admin.  From them on normal users didn't have any troubles using Autodesk Software.

I made sure that the users have full permissions to the folders and reg key mentioned at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7281983&linkID=9240617 

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This product is not meant to run on Server 2008 R2.  It needs to be run on a Workstation class OS like Windows XP or Windows 7.  You should not be using Server 2008 to accesst the software in any kind of remote or terminal environment as this violates the license agreement.  The only supported method for network distribution is with a certified Citrix solution.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report