Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-local network rendering for Maya?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
490 Views, 1 Reply

Non-local network rendering for Maya?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to determine if I can set up a render farm for Maya using Backburner that is NOT in my immediate network.  The Backburner documentation seems to indicate that it's for machines in 'my' network but a phone call to tech support indicated that it was possible, but the technician did not have much information.  

I am fairly certain this is possible, but it would be great if someone could confirm that I am not barking up the wrong tree.  

Essentially, I am trying to have students in a class using a public computer lab submit their rendering jobs from the computer lab here, and have the actual rendering done remotely in a data center that is not ours.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You might have better luck in another forum.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Maya/Autodesk-Maya-Discussion-Groups-are-on-the-AREA/td-p/269...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report