Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Viewer availablefor Inventor 2015 DWF files !?!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MikeKos
458 Views, 2 Replies

NO Viewer availablefor Inventor 2015 DWF files !?!!

I

I have a 64-bit Win 7 PC.

The Design Review product page shows D.R. 2014 as the "latest" version.

But when I open my existing installation of Design Review 2013, and go

to the "Help" pull-down and click "search for updates." I get a pop-up

telling me, "you have have the latest version of Autodesk Design Review.

No update is available at this time."

When our company upgraded to Inventor View 2015, *everyone* else in

the company got new software -- but not me. I don't have an Inventor

license -- I've been using TrueView and Design Review to produce

technical documentation. Those products have been working well, to

exporf data to Adobe applications.

Our IT guy did manage to install "Inventor View 2015" over the week3end,

but this is what he emailed me:

I got inventor view 2015 installed.  However, it won’t start.  There is a widely known conflict with Acrobat and Acrobat Pro.  You will need to completely uninstall those programs.  Then start inventor view and see if it runs.  If it does then you can reinstall Acrobat and Acrobat Pro.  It seems on the first go around with inventor view registering with the computer that it conflicts with Acrobat.  After that initial run, it should work even with Acrobat on there.

To be completely accurate, I don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, but I do have Acrobat Pro XI and Acrobat DistillerXI,

and I also use Photoshop CC2014and IllustratorCC214 all the time. I haven’t tried to uninstall any Adobe applications because I

use them all the time. That's my primary software..........

AT the same time, I really do need a viewer that will open .DWF files thathave recently been output from Autodesk 2015. Design Review had many useful features. The old version of Inventor View was a nearly useless application that was only useful for taking a look at very old, archive versions of Inventor files.....Even if my IT guy is right, and Inventor View 2015 will start to run if I uninstall and re-install Adobesoftware (???)I still have to hope that
Design Review 2015 isgoing to be available soon. I've wasted a lot of time tyrying to figure out which free viewer needs to be installed first (TRueView2015 does seem to be working) and I also downloadd and installed DWF Writer4.0..... RE-posting most of this into a new postthat will go

in to the "installation & Licensing" community page.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeKos
in reply to: MikeKos

O.K. -- in case anyone else is having similar issues -- these questions were all ultimately 'resolved' (for the time being) in a thread from a few months ago:

Go here and make sure to click through all of the way to the end.... page 6, I think:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General-Discussion/Inventor-Viewer-2015/td-p/5022716/highligh...

Message 3 of 3
MikeKos
in reply to: MikeKos

Aaugh! That's whatCharlie Brown used to say right after Lucy yanked the football away.

OK, sorry, dated reference

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/5/2980/200/football-6.jpg The community software auto-bot sent me back here,to mark an "accepted solution" but I don't know if there is one. After installing Inventor View2015, Design Review 2013 started opening DWFfiles created from Inventor 2015, whIch was what I had been looking for..... But TrueView 2015 is now failing to open DWG's created in Inventor 2015. What is the installation sequence for these viewer utilities, which app needs to be installed first, and do they all ever work together? Thanks, MIke K.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report