Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no permission to use product

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mark
955 Views, 7 Replies

no permission to use product

Hello,

I am having a slight issue with a new smoke license registration.. I have a monthly smoke on mac subscription. After purchase I wasn't sent an activation pack automatically, so after requesting this through support, I entered the details when reinstalling the software. The serial was recognised but I am told to contact my administrator to request permission to use the product. I am using the product as a stand alone license. After checking my autodesk account, I can see no trace of this product or license I was supplied, only an old product license relating to a previous time I had a smoke subscription, but cancelled it... I am wondering if the new license has not been linked to my account properly.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mark

Hi Mark, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I've had a look at your new Smoke for Mac Desktop Subscription and it seems a user other than yourself was named Contract Manager for this agreement, hence the message to contact your administrator.

I've sent you the relevant details via Private Message here on the forums; to read it, please click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I have bought a licence for Autocad LT 2015 and want to use it for the expired trial I downloaded a month ago. But when I fill in the serial number it says "Contact your administrator to request permission to use this product". I am the administrator, what should I do? Please answer as soon as possible.

Message 4 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: EldingOscarson

Hi @EldingOscarson and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I see that you have already created case 10281609 which was the correct thing to do in this situation. The customer service team will be able to assist, they will be in touch. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I wish this question were responded to on this board, as I am having the same issue.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I have the same issue. How do I even start a 'case'? Autodesk seems to be set up as a maze to prevent people from getting actual help! All I can do is search forums and click links which lead back to the same place...

Please advise how I can start a case also and maybe then I can get human help and a real solution. Thank-you
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk contacted me shortly after I made this question and helped me solve it. They've probably already done the same for you, but just in case, this is what they told me:

There is a processing time for new licenses, so that you can't buy a license, download, and authorize all at once. It (sometimes at least) takes a couple days to process. All you have to do is run autocad as a trial for a few days then register it later.
Message 8 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

To contact Customer Care directly you would a submit a case through your Autodesk Account. However, using your email address I was able to search our system to find that case 10870417 has already been created for you as you submitted feedback through a different channel. I will also let Customer Care know that this is an urgent issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the meantime. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report