Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14
azhark14
745 Views, 13 Replies

No network license

Hello,

Another problem with autodesk..

THis time Revit. open the program which I think has been installed. comes with the error:

'Unable to obtain network license . No connection to the network license server  could be established.'

Whilst it allows me to access the program in 'enter viewer mode', i cannot really do much with this.

Hope you can help. I cant seem to access any autodesk software atm!

Thanks

A

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: azhark14

who set up the network license manager?

you need to talk to them to see if its up and running

i would start there

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
azhark14
in reply to: DarrenP

What do you mean by this? 

I have done this on a standalone/private personal computer so i am the administrator.

Regards

A

Message 4 of 14
DarrenP

is it a standalone or a network license?

because you say no network license as your thread

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
azhark14

Well it should be a standalone license error as it only affects my personal access. The error problem however is exactly as I have described.

A

Message 6 of 14
DarrenP

if its supposed to be standalone license

you have to uninstall and reinstall as a standalone license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
azhark14

Is there an obvious part in the downloading / installation process?

I can't seem to remember any such options.

Regards

A

Message 8 of 14
DarrenP

yea during the install process there is

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
azhark14

Ok i will try to reinstall 

Just a query though - you have standaone license as you say and what is the other option referred as?

A

Message 10 of 14
DarrenP

network

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
DarrenP

here are the differences: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18270103

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
azhark14

Hi 

I am becoming very frustrated now with this. I've reinstalled Revit.

everything seems fine and when i click the revit icon it prohibits me from going further!

As for the license issue --I've not even come across the question asking me whether it should be stand alone or network --i dont know how to get to that stage! i cant even get to the stage where you enter your product key!

I am guessing maybe my windows server is not new enough so I am in the process of downlaoding 2012 trial.

How do i get to the screen to enter my standalone license? 

Autodesk® Revit® Server is an optional server application for Revit software. Can this not be ignored for my downlaod?

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance

A

Message 13 of 14
TravisNave

It sounds like to me that you are installing from a deployment already created on the server.  If you're not agreeing to a EULA, putting in a serial, and choosing what to install, then it has likely all been done for you.  Do you have an IT person or CAD Manager responsible for this?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 14 of 14
azhark14
in reply to: TravisNave

It sounds like to me that you are installing from a deployment already created on the server.  If you're not agreeing to a EULA, putting in a serial, and choosing what to install, then it has likely all been done for you.  Do you have an IT person or CAD Manager responsible for this?

Well since the last time I have uninstalled, and installed again. I thought I had made it this time -it allowed me to enter the product key - enter the serial etc. and it was all accepted. Its just when i open the program it only lets me view the program and not save anything etc.

It person/cad manager!!??? I;m a personal user -on personal laptop?

Iv tried donwlaoding using autodesk downlaod manager and internet donwload manager with  same result!

Azhar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report