Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mountable file systems error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
j-cantamessa
1816 Views, 5 Replies

No mountable file systems error

Hi, 

I am a student of Hudson Valley College and i got the free software autocad 2011, once it started downloading, it stopped 10 seconds in and so i clicked on it to install and it said "no mountable file systems" it only happens with this program because i've tried other online programs and they all download and install fine. Anyone know what the problem is?

I have a macbook pro and mountain lion OS X 10.8.1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: j-cantamessa

Hello j-cantamessa and welcome to the community!

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac is not supported to run on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Corresponding beta Service Packs have been released for the 2012 and 2013 versions that add compatibility. Please check out this link if you're interested in finding out more. 

Message 3 of 6
michelteler

Hey friend, No mountable file systems error is generally appears when their is a problem in file system or when you are installing some unsupported apps into your PC. However, to get rid of such cumbersome situation and make your PC workable again, why you are not trying this:

http://unmountablemac.freemacrecovery.net

Message 4 of 6
mgoerge3
in reply to: michelteler

Unquestionably no mountable file system error is one most annoying issue which is devastating enough to leads the users to panic situation. Well, this very error is mainly caused due to inconsistencies in the catalog record. However it can also be encountered by the users due to damaged binary node. There are two possible ways to fix this issue, one is to repair the corruption from file system where on the other hand you can also troubleshoot this issue by reinstallation of Operating system. Second option is definitely a bit risky as it includes data removal from the hard drive. Due to this most of the users prefers to go with the first option. Well before further ado remember that repairing corrupted file system is not an easy task to perform specially if you are not technically sound. But you can try your luck with Disk utility this may fix the issue easily for you.

For any relaven information visit: http://www.macfixz.com/no-mountable-file-system-error-get-corrupted-deleted-mac-data-recovered 

Message 5 of 6
mgoerge3
in reply to: mgoerge3
Message 6 of 6
davidwane456

Getting error message no mountable file systems? Basically such problem arises due to OS X fails to get appropriate format of the file system in order to mount the disk image. In order to troubleshoot the issue you may try repairing of disk through disk utility. No mountable file systems error is surely most annoying issue, which is enough to put the user in tough situation. Such error is caused due to deviation in catalog record. Well there few possible steps to fix this No mountable file systems error, you can either repair it by using manual steps or can make Restore of your system or do re-installation of your OS. Re-installation might be helpful but you can loss your data.

For more Troubleshoot information : http://www.macfixy.com/data-recovery-from-no-mountable-file-system-data-rescue-osx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report