Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
swapsupport
485 Views, 2 Replies

NLM error [1.5.-15]

Hi all of

we have a problem of AucoCAD Mechanical 2008 about network license manager.

when we start the ACM 2008 the error is coming (A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. Try again. If you are still unable to access a license, conatct your system administrator. Error [1.5.-15] )

I tried below option but problem is still pending.

one is disable windows filre wall, add the 2080 port, reinstalled NLM tool, add new lic file.

Please give solution if anyone have.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: swapsupport

Go to Control Panel, Windows Firewall.

If the firewall is turned ON, click the Exceptions tab and then click on the Add Program button near the bottom.

Browse to the ACAD directory and find the NLM exe file and select it. Then try to run ACAD again.

If the windows firewall is turned off, look for another firewall program and add the NLM exe file to the exceptions list on that.

You will also need to get the server side set to allow access from your system. If this has not been set up, it could be why you are not getting access to the licenses. I would recommend you get a professional IT guy in to check all your settings.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: swapsupport

Is your Network License Manager service running and showing available licenses?  If so, PING the license manager by hostname from a command prompt.  You should get the correct IP address response.  If not, you have a DNS/WINS resolution issue.  If the IP address is correct and you have resolved any firewall issues above, then try adding system environment variables to help with connectivity.

ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of @SERVERNAME (where servername is obviously the name of your server)

-and-

FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000 (one-million)

For more detailed instructions, see these links:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report