Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLM compatibility with VMware View (cloned virtual desktops)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
IT-coordinator
1127 Views, 2 Replies

NLM compatibility with VMware View (cloned virtual desktops)

We're moving to VMware View that uses clones from a 'master image' in which all our software is installed, including Map 3D. Right now, we've got 2 regular AutoCAD Map 3D licenses that are used on 2 physical workstations.

Is the Network License Server model/license compatible with the cloned desktop environment? The idea is to grant 2 users concurrent access to Map 3D. When no users are using Map 3D, the licenses become available.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: IT-coordinator

Yes.  Since the licensing is held by the server, you can use clones to obtain licenses.  This only works for network versions.  Stand-alone clones will fail.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
jacoj
in reply to: TravisNave

hi, I came across your post while reading up on VDI, we currently is looking into using virtual desktop for all users, ie, the main server will be replaced with this, so Vault WG will sit on the server, and idaelly al our licences, but as I understand this correctly, only NLM licenses will work like this, all the SLM will need to be upgaded in order for this to be successfull right? Jaco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report