Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Server, different Path to Roaming User Profile

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mazarth
1376 Views, 1 Reply

New Server, different Path to Roaming User Profile

Greetings,

we've got some new Servers and migrated the Roaming Profiles to a new Server. Everything is working fine, except AutoCAD makes trouble.

After starting any kind of Product like AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD (Mechanical), DGW TrueViewer uses the path to the old Userprofile.

After changing the Path in Options to the new Server we still get errors like that:

(sorry german here)

- Kalalogdatei  "\\OldServer\Userprofile\Anwendungsdaten\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2014\R19.1\deu\Support\AcFields.fdc" nicht gefunden.

- Customization file load failes. File not found: \\OldServer\Userprofile\Anwendungsdaten\Autodesk\DGWTrueView 2013\R10\enu\support\dgviewr

- I can't find any way to change to Path for AcFields.fdc in Options and Registry!

- DGW TrueView has no Options to change the Path. Repair doesn't work, only a clean new install for every user on every machine!?!? I don't want to reinstall the Viewer for ~50 Users. 

The Configuration of Profiles and Toolbars in AutoCAD needs to be kept for the users. BTW: I'm no AutoCAD user, just Admin and new to AutoCAD!

Anyone can help me to solve this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zalant
in reply to: mazarth

There is no specific pathing for the AcFields.fdc file. Rather, AutoCAD looks to the Support directory, within the folder path defined as the Roamable Root Folder to locate the file. This is the only place it will look to find the file, and will not search any other directory defined wtihin Support File Search Path. By default, the location is defined as C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD...\enu. This value is held in the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\Rxx.x\ACAD-x001:409\RoamableRootFolder  

(where the x represents varying values, based on which version of AutoCAD you have)

Once you've got your new server in place and know the exact path to the new location of the ENU folder, put that path into the registry key that holds the RoamableRootFolder value, and AutoCAD will find the AcFields.fdc file there, upon the next launch of the program.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report