Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PC - best way to install/transfer Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SeanFarr
361 Views, 1 Reply

New PC - best way to install/transfer Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013

I am going to be receiving my new workstation in the next day or 2 and would like to spend minimal time transferring over software/licensing.

I have backed up all the projects and data to our server as I work typically work locally. Product design suite installer is on network as well, so i wont have to re-download from autodesk (32GB file!!)

My only concern is the network license issue. I have read this instruction here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18221949&linkID=9240617

however i see a problem, in step 1 of Importing the license, it says make sure you have installed the same software package (which I will)

But if I recall correctly, following this instruction:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17956002&linkID=9240617

once I get to step 5, entering in my serial # and product code, it will detect that those numbers are already authorized on another workstation (old one being replaced) and won't let me install the software.

Or does exporting your license to Autodesk, DE-authorize the workstation it currently is on, and once your try and install the software on the new workstation it allows it.

Again, i am just being proactive here, but I am trying to delay hours spent on a phone trying to activate the software.

Thanks!!

Sean Farr

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: SeanFarr

Hi Sean!

The standard installation process actually doesn't touch our back end licensing management system and has minimal bearing on the product activation which occurs in a completely different process after the fact / typically once you launch the product for the 1st time.

How to register and activate your Autodesk Software - LINK 

With that being said, you would simply need to run the LTU and import the license after the installation has completed.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report