Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new maya installation does not open.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
andrew_mcphillips
209 Views, 0 Replies

new maya installation does not open.

Hi

I am posting here because Autodesk "customer service" said to. They seem clueless and posting to this forum is the best advice they can offer.

CaseNo:11725968

I have been using maya for many years at work and wanted to download a trial version for home, before purchasing.

I am windows7. 64 bit. Brand new computer. No previous Autodesk installs

When I install, 

Maya
Direct connect
 installed correctly
The product *Autodesk Application manager* does not install

When I click on the maya 2016 icon, and connect to my account to the autodesk site for a licence, Maya stops working and windows asks to close the program.
In the bottom left windws search/system panel I get a warning that *
Licence Transfer is not supported* - The licence you are trying to export is associated with a licence model that does not support liscence transfers

Occasionally, before the crash i catch glimpse of an error:

Liscence file overide
MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

--------

I have saved the log from the failed Autodesk Application Manager install.

If anyone here has any advice that would be great. Like I say, it is a brand new computer, only some foundry products running. This should be reasonably common for "Autodesk Customer Service" as there is nothing particulaly unusual in my setup. 

I appreciate any advice anyone has and will pass it back to them so they have information the next time this happens

andrew

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report