Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New lic file Cannot return borrowed license

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Squeezer53
8353 Views, 8 Replies

New lic file Cannot return borrowed license

Our License Server went belly up while I had our AcadM license out on "borrow"

IT replaced the server and we had to get a new lic file which they have installed.

The new server name is the same as the old one and uses the same port as before but has a different computer id.

This worked transparently as planned and other clients are getting the new license without any action on our part but....

I cannot return the borrowed license that was taken out under the old lic file. ERROR: [-124.595.0]

For the next 2 weeks we will have an extra license, but will this be a problem on my machine when the borrow period expires? Should I just let it run out?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
frhervet
in reply to: Squeezer53

Hi,

There is no problem.

All your users are running fine there product.

The only problem you can have is if you can't connect to your server after the borrow period because you are out of your office.

If you are not in that case, as you say, just let it run out.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: frhervet

As usual, Franck is exactly right.  The reason you get the error is because your NLM has been recreated.  The server doesn't know that the license is borrowed, so when the client tries to return it, you get the error.  It will be corrected once the borrow time lapses. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
Squeezer53

It is as I thought so I'll just wait & see...

Thanks for the replies.

Message 5 of 9
cjtemple

I just wanted to post a follow on to this post for those who may run into this issue. Some times the expiration of your license may occur at a not so convient time so you can do the following to return the old license and get a new one.

1. With Autocad closed. Change the date of your computer to a date in the future beyond the date that the license is set to expire.

2. Open Autocad and borrow a new license for any amount of time and then go ahead and return the license.

3. Close Autocad and Change the date of your computer back to today's date.

4. Open Autocad and borrow a new license for the period that you need the new license.

I had a user that was going to be out of town during the time his license was set to expire and when he tried to return his license early he got the [-124.595.0] error. This procedure allowed him to get a new license.

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: cjtemple

You can just remove the borrowed license from the registry and reborrow.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

travis is correct

you can do method 2 on this kb article

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10305068&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
jobermeyer1960
in reply to: DarrenP

Link seems to be broken.

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jobermeyer1960

Here is the corrected link from Darren's post above.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1...

Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report