Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation Autocad 2013 will not open on Mac OS X 10.8.5

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Sabra_IT
324 Views, 6 Replies

New installation Autocad 2013 will not open on Mac OS X 10.8.5

I have downloaded Autocad 2013 from the link provided by tech support and it will not open. It will bounce on the dock then show the splash screen and shut down. I have paid for a license and it will not open and I am unable to use. Can anyone provide a solution or version that will open?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: Sabra_IT

Hi @Sabra_IT,

Are you trying to download AutoCAD 2013 on parallels / Bootcamp on your Mac or are you trying to download AutoCAD for Mac 2013? You may want to try re-downloading your software from the Virtual Agent.

Please let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: jessica.t

This is an important workflow if you used Time Machine to import AutoCAD.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

You can use the uninstaller for AutoCAD but you will need to delete/backup some files starting at step 2.

David Lau
Message 4 of 7
Sabra_IT

I have tried to download again from the virtual agent from the Mac software link and also the Autocad link and selecting Mac version. They appear to be identical files. I am getting the same result - the app attempts to start, shows the splash screen and then shuts down. There is no Virtual Machine or Time Machine installations tied to the installation

Message 5 of 7
Sabra_IT

Additionally I have installed a trial version Autocad LT 2013 and it is working. I installed Auto 2014 but had the same result as 2013. Can anyone advise on a fix for non-LT versions that will not open on Mac OS X 10.8.5.
Message 6 of 7
david.lau

Can you backup the delete the .data file and restart the program?

http://upandready.typepad.com/.a/6a0147e3c68bef970b0162fe69f665970d-pi

David Lau
Message 7 of 7
Sabra_IT
in reply to: david.lau

Deleting the preference files has not solved the problem. I am installing this after a license transfer for an installation that was purchase previously. Since we have purchased the license we need it too work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report