Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer, how to run ACAD on the old one too, not simultanious.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
585 Views, 6 Replies

New computer, how to run ACAD on the old one too, not simultanious.

Can I install ACAD2011 on my new laptop and activate ACAD2011 and just leave the old computer as it is with ACAD2010 and be able to run ACAD on both computers, but not at the same time, or do I have to workaround with some transfering stuff?

I have a stand-alone license.

Have asked subscroption-center, they won't give me a straight answer.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The short answer is yes.  If your 2011 is under active Subscription, you can continue to run your older licensed product.  However, like you said, you cannot run them simultaneously. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Many, many thx, Travis.

I tested ACAD2010 on the new computer, not activated. Shall I uninstall it before I install ACAD2011?

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

There shouldn't be any need to uninstall the product, unless you don't want it on there or need to free up HDD space.  That's up to you.  It won't affect 2011. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thx a lot Travis, I will try immediate.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Does Autocad 3D Civil have an active license?  I installed our copy on my laptop so I could learn at home.   Now I am ready to install it on my computer at work.  Can I do what the OP suggests?

Thanks, Harold

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

The EULA allows for a second activation on an offsite work computer.  However, your situation may require the HULA for home use.  I would recommend getting the HULA for home which typically expires after approximately 13 months to stay in compliance with your license.  You will need to be under active Subscription.  You can call Autodesk Activations for a HULA license for home.  1-800-551-1490.  If you have already activated your license at home, you can use the OLT online transfer utility to move your license from your home computer to your work computer. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report