Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Building Design Suite Lic file for 2013 and past releases ANY Issues?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
419 Views, 3 Replies

New Building Design Suite Lic file for 2013 and past releases ANY Issues?

We are on subscrition... as such we can run up to 3 past releases.

However, I have a new license file for 2013 with all license holdings now updated to Autodesk Building Design Suites. In the mix we have licenses of all three... Standard, Premium as well as Ultimate.

Has anyone seen any issue with running pre 2013 software in the above scenerio?

What about one issue we had on a 2013 machine... one machine at one point got many license not avalible messages even though the software was running at the time. See the attached (image is not crisp, but I think you get the idea).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Were your licenses all generated on the same date?  Between all the different versions, you might have some cascading wonkiness. 

Here's how to do screencap pics here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
mdhutchinson
in reply to: TravisNave

The date thing is a good word...

What issues have you seen when the dates are not the same?

should adesk allow me to get new license files when several others may have been generated in the recent past?

yeh... I know how to get good screen captures. The one I posted was from another user... I just had him paist it into a word doc... so it got scrunched.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Yeah, they have to be generated on the same date.

The way the licenses are coded, only the latest license is recognized and supersedes the previous ones.  Therefore, any cascade crossover of licensing will cancel out rather than append.

Autodesk will have no problem regenerating your licenses all over again.  The NLM only recognizes the newest licenses anyway.  I have a whole page dedicated to combining license files in my signature line.  So much information it will make you puke.  But it is thorough.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report