Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
naomi_carol
243 Views, 4 Replies

New authorization code

Hi,

We had some problem with a Civil Design media that ahd its license already installed at the server. After the confusion was solved the authorization code was changed and since that I need to change it at the server. Do I need to unistall Civil Design from the client's computer or do I simply substitute the codes from the server through the lic file...what is the right procedure?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: naomi_carol

Naomi -
I'm not sure that I understand the problem completely. Here's what I have so far.
For some reason the auth codes on the adlm server were bad. Either they have been changed
or they need to be changed. The client already has a deployment. You need to know if you
must uninstall the program from the client and re-install.
My questions:
Why were the auth codes on the server "bad"? Were they not working, or just registered
under a serial number that didn't match your media? Did the server code change?

What version of the adlm are we talking about? Is this the elan adlm or the Flexlm adlm?

Regardless of the above you "shouldn't" need to uninstall and re-install the client. As
long as when it asks for a license, it gets one, it really doesn't care.

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"naomi_carol" wrote in message news:f07975e.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi,
> We had some problem with a Civil Design media that ahd its license already installed at
the server. After the confusion was solved the authorization code was changed and since
that I need to change it at the server. Do I need to unistall Civil Design from the
client's computer or do I simply substitute the codes from the server through the lic
file...what is the right procedure?
>
> Thank you
>
>
Message 3 of 5
naomi_carol

Hi Jason,

We bought the Civil design software and we asked Autodesk for the authorization code. We installed and started to use it. Later, some errors occured and Autodesk recomended us to substitute the CD and a new CD came to us with a new serial number. The server code continues the same since we didn't change anything at the server. Since we have now the civil design with the same server code, but another serial number already registered by Autodesk, we need another authorization code. I have already recieved this new authorization code from Autodesk and now I need to install it at the server.
There are some 8 clients using this one Civil Design license. Now I need to replace this number at the server and I wonder how do I do that...If I reinstall all Civil Design at the 8 clients or I do simply substitute the authorization code at the server.
Can you help with this?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Just type in the new auth code at the
server.

Start - Programs - ADLM - ADLM Admin

Dave
Message 5 of 5
naomi_carol

It worked, Dave!
Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report