Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2014 License file not working

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LyleHardin
2645 Views, 5 Replies

New 2014 License file not working

Downloaded and installed network licens of ACAD 2014.

Activated my license and got my License file.

First tried to replace the 2013 ACAD portion of my old license file with the 2014 file.

(We have Lots of various licenses including Civil 3D, Revit, Inventor, etc. all in one license file.)

License file does not work.

I read the message that came with the Register Once page telling me I may have to re-activate my other licenses.

I reactivated my 2013 AutoCAD and appended the 2014 license onto that with no luck.

I've tried various versions of this with no luck.

I'm going to also write a ticket about this after lunch (cause I'm starving right now).

Anyone have any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: LyleHardin

Hello Lyle,

In order for your combined Autodesk license file to function / cascade properly, it is recommended that all components be generated on the same day, which potentially would explain why you're having issues.

I would be more than happy to generate a new combined license file for you if you could send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the relevant licensing info and server name / ID and or the current license file.

Message 3 of 6
emily.xu

hi, Lyle

I'm not very clear about your question, what did you mean ‘License file does not work’? Can you give us more details on your issue? Did you get any error message or error code?Can you attach your server status and the debug log file to do some research?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I have begun my testing and troubleshooting with the 2014 release of the NLM. 

Review my post here.  It contains a lot of getting started information and common issues with getting the NLM working.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2014/td-p/3819...

Also check out the information I have on combining license files. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
LyleHardin
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the responses.

I filed a ticket with support and they got me up and running.

Not sure exactly what it was, but I think it has to do with having to reactivate ALL the licenses in the license file.

I had only reactivated the AutoCAD.

Also, apparently they all have to do be reactivated on the same day. 

I don't want to do this every time I get a new upgrade, so I guess I'll just wait until I get them all.

Bummer. So much for trying them out as I get them.

Message 6 of 6
jlobo2

This page has 4 Methods to solve the issue.

Hope this helps.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13107015&linkID=9261340

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report